Sudden, random episodes of coughing, difficulty breathing. Causes and treatment?

I ve been having these cough attacks for two days randomly. Like they re something in my throat . I haven t been sick or done anything out of the ordinary. I just really want it to go away because I randomly get them, even at night. And I can t help it cough loud and dramatic, as if I can t even catch my next breath. I drink water but it s only a mold relief for the moment. What s wrong with me and how do I get rid of it.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
this is sudden attack of allergy
use short course of antibiotic to clear infection if any
if you are very uncomfortable use short course of steroids
add anti allergic tab montelucast 10 mg bd
bronchodilator syp addition can make you easy for breathing problems
add anti allergic cough syp at night
use for 2-3 wk