Sudden pinching pain in chest. Has experienced this before. Going for Xray scan. Advice?

My friend is suffering from sudden pinching pain in his chest, i don t know if its on left or right side. I told him not to lay down because maybe the pain will be worse, and i told him to drink some water. Does it help doc? I want to know im just worrying about his chest, he told me this isn t the first time he experience that chest pain . What should i do, im far away from him and i want to give him an advice. He also told me that he will be goin on a Xray scan this week.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013