Sudden pain in lower back while exercising, tried hot water bag, volini gel. What else to reduce pain ?

Was working out in the gym yesterday, ws exercising for the back muscle when all of a sudden I got a jerk in my lower back and since then it s been paining tremendously. Whenever I try to change posotion it pains in my lower back, walking and sitting both r painful, get some relief only when I am lying down. Since yesterday hv been taking the hot water bag and applying volini gel on my lower back. Today its still better than yesterday. I just want to ask that wat else shud I do to get rid of the pain asap. Am 27 years old and I hv been working out since the last 12years so am nt a begginer in the gym
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012