Sudden pain in chest, gets worse while taking deep breathe. What could be the cause?

Hi I m a 39 year old female who experienced sharp stabbing pains in my chest last night. At the time I was just sitting watching tv while holding my 4 month old baby so nothing strenuous. The pain was on the left side of my chest in about the middle of my breast site but in my chest. The pain lasted a few seconds and got worse when I took deep breaths. any ideas??
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012
The sharp stabbing pain that you have can be due to a muscular cause or a mild viral infection in the airways. A detailed examination will help in proper diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,