Sudden pain at the base of foot, no instance of injury, difficulty in walking. What could it be?

Hi I woke three days ago with sudden pain in the base of my right foot , I hadn t done anything to injure the foot. The pain slowly went away (mostly) during the day but the next morning (yesterday) the same thing happened. Then last night I wasn t able to sleep due to severe pain in the base of my other foot. The pain was so bad this morning I couldn t walk. Again the pain has decreased as the day goes on. Any idea what it could be or what type of dr. I should see?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012