Sudden onset of vertigo. Undergone Epleys manouvre and audio test - mild impairment of hearing. X ray of neck showed spodylitis. Taking vertin 8mg. Had mild attack after reducing dose. Any effect if taken continuously for long period?

I had sudden onset of vertigo a couple of months back, when I was about to lie down in bed I felt as if the room was spinning, and thereafter had undergone Epley s manouvre and also an audio test, which showed mild impairment of hearing . I was prescribed Vertin 8 mg thrice a day. I also had an xray taken of my neck, which showed mild spondylitis . The Orthopaedician advised me to take Vertin 8 mg thrice daily for another month and to reduce the dosage gradually. Though I was feeling better even after reducing the dosage to 8 mg twice daily, I had a mild attack, when I turned the position of my head in bed in the middle of the night. Can I take Vertin 8 mg thrice daily continuously, will it have other adverse events if taken over a longer period of time? Dr. I would highly appreciate receiving a reply from you.
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012