Sudden onset of temporary numbness and tingling spreading from temples to cheeks, had sinoplasty 3 days back. Normal ?

My fiance had a sinoplasty three days ago and has just experienced a sudden onset of temporary numbness and tingling spreading from his temples through his cheeks. He became very dizzy and lurched from the sofa to lie on his back on the floor and says he could not think at the time. The whole episode was over within five minutes, though his head still feels slightly off as though he hasn t slept in a couple of days. I was wondering if this is first of all related to the surgery or something else entirely and if it was caused by the surgery if it is a common symptom and/or something I should be worried about?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012