Sudden onset of swelling below shoulder blade, no pain, no other health problems. Suggestion?

I am a 44 yr old male who woke up this morning and noticed swelling (a large bulge/lump) in the area below my left rear shoulder blade (lower lats). No pain is associated with the swelling and I havn t done any lifting in over 2 weeks. My mother dismisses it as being gas traveling within but I am concerned. I am a Soldier and visited my local hospital this morning and recieved no diagnosis but was given an appointment to have an ultrasound on 3 Jan. My health has been excellent thus far and I have completed a periodi health assessment within the last 30 days. What si your advise Ma am/Sir.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012