Sudden onset of sharp pain on the left of stomach radiating to groin, aggravates on coughing. Any ideas?

Well it started about a month ago i was running and i felt a pain in my lower left side of my stomach . I have never felt anything like it before. I took it easy and it got better in about 2 weeks. Last night i was playing ice hockey and out of ni where i got a real sharp pain that starts about 3 inches to the left of my belly buttin and about one inch down. It travels straight to the inside of my groin . i have a cold and real bad cough and last night was a nightmare. Every time i cough it puts so much pressure on that area and it hurts. Any idea what this could be
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012