Sudden onset of limited mobility in knee, mild pain and swelling after sleep, use knee cap, similar issues in the past. Medicines required?

I have suddenly developed limited mobility of my right knee , I am 55 yr old female with 74 kg weight-height 5 4 inches. active person. mild pain and little swelling developed during evening and sleep on the outer and back side of knee and some thigh muscles near knee. Not much pain now after 2-3 days, taking 1/2 crocin twice day only. Had similar knee problem9 yrs ago. no problem in between. Started wearing a knee cap. Feel much better. Do I need Emanzen?or anything else? any creamto apply? I cannot pay at themoment. If the experience is goodI will pay in future. You can answer by email
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Hi, Kayjoshi,
Thanks for query.
It seems that you are having Osteoartheritis of knee joint.
Go for X ray knee and get it diagnosed.
Then if it is osteoartheritis then go for Physiotherapy.
This will give good relief from pain and limited mobility as well.
Mean while take pain reliever medicine as and when required.
Swimming also will help.
Ok and bye.