Sudden onset of foot pain, seems to be worsening and causing excruciating pain. Relief measures?

Hi, my name is David. I woke up Friday morning to get ready for work like a always do, but that day my foot was in a good bit of pain. I dont know what caused it, seeing as it wasnt hurting when i went the sleep that night. I assumed it was just sore and continued on to work. It hurt at first but went away, for the most part, throughout the day. The next day i woke up and it was hurting 3 times as worse then the day before. I stayed in bed, since i have the weekends off, and decided to stay off of it for the day and hopefully it would be fine. It didnt get any better. It s only been getting worse and now it s monday night and i m almost to tears because each step i take is excruciating pain.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012