Sudden onset of cough followed by vomiting, temperature, red marks on face, eye soreness. What could the marks be?

Hi my 2 year old started to have a cough a couple of days ago, then he vomited in the night an got a temp through the night, the next day he was just restless an we gave him calpol an fluids, his face seemed bright red and he was saying his eyes was sore, today he s not as restless playing with a couple of toys but still got a temp, & his fac seems to have got red marks all over it, they ve been there all day, I wouldn t say it was a rash more like different shaped marks/blotches & at the back of his neck . What could these marks be? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012