Sudden onset of cold sweat and black out. What could be the reason?

Last night I felt fine then when I got up to go to the bathroom I started feeling very weak. As I was in there I started getting clamy and was absolutely covered in cold sweat. I got up to go back to bed and as I reached for my door my whole body started shaking violently and everything went black. The next thing I knew I was on the floor and my boyfriend was standing over me. Today I still feel weak and my hands and arms are shaky.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your descriptions. I think your description is not full. You should have mentioned your age and any other medical conditions you might have.

You became unconscious, to be true. To become unconscious, body needs to be so tired or has some organic change. It is shut down and restart because body was unable to cop with some internal or external situation.

Ascertain it. Think clearly. You will get an answer. Normally this happens after severe flu or fever, high or low BP, high or low sugar level etc (there are so many other conditions also).

Don't read too much into the above paragraph. Consult a general practitioner and get things confirmed.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.