Sudden onset of burning on forehead, fever, raised skin with severe stinging. Reason?

I was sitting in bed reading a book when my forehead started to burn . I let it go as I figured I was just having a fever , but it got hotter and it started to sting and hurt. I looked in the mirror and I had what looked like two claw marks going down my head, the skin was raised around them, and it still stung. The marks are still there two days later, just lighter. I have no idea what this means?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012

It is probable that you had an insect bite. The mark of the sting is persistent.

Apply ice packs locally and it should be gone soon. You can take an antihistamine like Zyrtec once daily for next few days.

I wish you quick recovery.