Sudden onset of blackout, impaired hearing due to ringing in ears, eased on lying down. Causes?

I was laying in bed watching a movie and then I got up blew my nose because I have a cold and proceeded up stairs to take some vitamin C . While I was taking it out of the bottle from the outside in my vision got black and my hearing stopped because there was a ringing in my ear. I made it downstairs to my room struggling hitting walls. When I layed down for a while it went away. What is this?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
The problem can be because of excessive pressure exerted during forceful blowing. The hearing loss can be because of sudden blockade of your Eustachian tube or can also be because of transient damage to your inner ear. The blackout part is also because of excessive pressure taking its toll. Please take nasal decongestant drops and oral decongestants for 4-5 days. If fever is there, do take a course of antibiotics. In future also avoid forceful blowing. Regards.