Sudden onset of acute deafness, eardrum slightly red, had headaches before deafness. Help?

28 year old female, no significant PMH, no DH. Awoke today with sudden acute deafness of right ear. Saw local GP who syringed my ear, small amount of wax removed, she informed me ear canal was clear. Still cant hear anything out of this ear. She suggested ? middle/ inner ear infection, stated eardrum was slightly red. I am not displaying any symptoms typical of ear infection, no localised pain. I have been getting headaches 48 hours prior to sudden deafness, and still have today - frontal and temporal. PS I am a nurse. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013