Sudden occurrence of acute pain in the pelvic region. What might the cause and how to deal with this?

Hi, My mom aged 49 is having a sudden ocurrence of acute pain in the pelvic region. She underwent the ultrasonic test today but the report says everything is normal except for a little extension of liver. There are no stones in bladder or kidney as we earlier anticipated. She is facing an acute pain which subsided for sometime after she took the doctor's prescribed pills but again later in the night the pain resurfaced. I am currently awaiting the doctor's take on this. Could you kindly suggest what might the symptoms point at and how to deal with this. Pls help. Thanks. Swarn
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013