Sudden loss of voice, later tickling in throat, mucus in cough, extreme exhaustion. Any ideas?

I started losing my voice all of a sudden on Friday. I had no other symptoms, no runny nose, no sore throat and no cough. Saturday night I started getting a tickle cough in my throat making it hard to breath without coughing. Occasionally I d cough up mucus . Now, Monday night, my cough has progressed, my voice is still rough sounding and I m still extremely exhausted and tired. Any idea what it could be? Usually if I get laryngitis , I usually have another symptom like post nasal drip .... this time I don t.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012