Sudden high fever, took Nurofin. Red painful patch on shin, spread to just above ankle and below knee. What's this ?

Hi, Last week on Monday in the afternoon ( It is now Sunday ) I had a really high fever just hit me out of now where and unexpected, I took nurofin through out the night and didn t really get much sleep... When I got up the next morning there was a red patch on my SHIN about 2inch but 2inch diameter throughout the day it got bigger and painful it spreed to jut above my Ankle and just below my knee , and not quite half way around my leg... The pain is now gone I am walking and working fine but the swelling and big red patch is still their... The red patch is really really hard, I can push on it with my finger for about 5 seconds and when I release it leave a dimple witch takes about 30 minutes to an hour to come back out to normall... The outer of the patch is still a bit sore when I touch it as well... I went to the Docs on Wednesday and was given Cephalexin 500mg and some cream called Kenacomb, they don t really seem to be doing much... I am a bit concerned as I work away and there are no Docs out here... Please help??
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013