Sudden helicopter sound in ear, elevated BP. Is it related to stress ?

Hi, I was at home last night and all of a sudden my right ear sounded as if there was a helicopter flying above our house, just in that one ear. I even asked my husband if he heard a helicopter outside, and he of course heard nothing. It was quite scary, as I have never had anything like this happen. It subsided after about 20 seconds, and began again for maybe 20 seconds. I had no other symptoms or dizziness . I did however go and check my blood pressure which was elevated to 150/104 at the time. We had just gotten home from a very stressful/emotional evening, my husband is a basketball coach and we were playing for the county title. So I wondered if it was all related to the stress and anxiety from that. I have had a slight cold as well, but haven t really felt like my head is stopped up or anything. Also on the right side I have noticed my eyelid twitching for the last 3 days. When I woke up this morning my blood pressure was normal again and haven t had the ear problem so far. Thank you for any insight you could give me.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013