Sudden heavy bleeding after low flow during previous cycles, on mirena IUD. Normal?

I was wondering I have mirena the iud and I haven t had much of bleeding after the first 3 months which was back in early June but last night i was cramping really badly i couldnt sleep and I was leaking out alot of brown thick liquid and it bleed through a regular tampon and on my panty liner it was drenched. It this normal? Or should I go doctor. Btw, I went last week to check on my iud and it s still in the right place. But this happened and i don t know what to think
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012