Sudden heart palpitations on sleeping, sitting. Taking alprazolam for anxiety. Causes for palpitations?

I am 47 yr old female who gets heart palpitation .they come when I am sleep or just sitting down doing nothing ect.....i have numerous ekgs and electrocardiograms all normal and even wore a halter monitor but no palpitation occured while wearing it. when i do have an attack i get the frequent urge to urinate during the attack and for several minutes after it stops why does this keep happening to me...I am currently on metoporol and just started taking alprazolam 0.25mg for anxiety it helps but i still occasionally get palpitations why is this happening to me?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012