Sudden hair loss, thyroid normal. Tried various medicines, no relief. Solution?

I am doing research on causes and treatments of sudden hair loss . Lab work has all come back normal including thyroid . Two weeks ago I requested a change off from Toprol xl and Lisinopril/hctz and am now on Amlodipine Besylate 5 MG and Losartan Potassium-HCTZ 50-12.5 MG. My doctor didn t want me to change as she does not think it contributes to hair loss, but she did finally agree to the change. I had been taking the Toprol for approx 4 years and had noticed a gradual but noticeable hair loss for a couple of years. In the last 2 months it has become rapid and is currently extremely thin and hair texture has changed from soft and manageable to almost straw-like and dry. This does not run in my family. I have also seen a Dermatologist who recommended Rogaine and Spironolactone 200mg. Any further suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012