Sudden gasping for air, chest tightness, difficulty breathing, better on vomiting. Due to gas or anxiety?

Last night, watching tv, I all of a sudden just gasped for air. Then there was this extreme tightness in my chest and I could barely breathe. No matter how I moved it hurt. After 2 hours of this, I threw up and almost instantly I felt better. The tightness started receding. Today my breathing is fine, and other than a bit of soreness I feel fine. Could this be a gas bubble, or anxiety (Been under alot and I have attacks, not like this though) or a combination of both?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012