Sudden dizziness, blurred vision, ringing sensation in ears, cold sweats, nausea. Causes and treatment?

All of a sudden while cooking dinner I got very dizzy my vision went dim like I was looking through sun glasses my ears were ringing I could hardly walk my legs felt like they were 200 lbs each then broke out into a cold sweat my clothes were soaked. Felt like I was going to pass out. Very nasueos thus lasted about 10 minutes then I was fine. 37 year old female
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

What were you cooking? was there any item which could have emitted strong odors of fumes? Some spices do have such quality. Then all other symptoms except uneasiness are may be due to anxiety aroused out of the first unnatural and strange symptom. Our body reacts to fear with sweat, palpitation, ringing ear, goosebumps etc.

Or else, you should consult a general physician and go for a general check up of your vital signs.

Get well soon.