Sudden developments of brownish freckle like spots on arms, back, chest and upper legs. Had an injury from a silver metal on the leg. Are these related?

In one day I developed what looks like hundreds of small dark brown freckles all over my arms, back, chest , stomach and upper legs. Haven t been out in the sun except maybe for an hour or two and I have these even under where my clothes were. I did have an injury yesterday and got a small sliver of metal stuck into my leg, removed it and cleaned the wound and put a bandage on it, doubt they are related but so odd I have all these dark spots, don t hurt, look like freckles that appeared in a day.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012