Sudden death due to bleeding from upper GI tract while on hemodialysis, didn't survive ventilation. Was this timely or wrong medication ?

My father died a sudden death due to bleeding from upper GI tract while on hemodialysis . He had a hemodialysis about 3 days earlier- then he had a bleeding episode- a hemorrhage and then he was admitted to critical care unit. He was kept on medicines and then one more dialysis was conducted on him just 2 days before he died. After this dialysis, he was kept in the CCU only for two more days. On the third day he had breathing problems. He was given oxygen through a mask. After about 15 hours, the docs said he has to be put into mechanical ventilation support. However, he did not survive in the ventilation. He died in about 1 and a half hours time. Could you please let me know if this death was timely or was it caused by some wrong medicines during his last dialysis.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012