Sudden choking, dryness in throat. Safe to take etizonol occasionally?

I am healthy male (44 years old) regular with my walking and jogging. Off late I get this sudden choking or at times dryness in throat kind of sensation in the night which I believe is psychological and work stress related. Or at times I feel heaviness in my throat and the need to burp (induced). When I consulted my doctor he advised me to take etizonol .5 mg OD before sleep for a week. I just took it for two days slept better and felt better as well and discontinued. Though I do have such sensation at times I am able to manage. But Doc, is it safe to have Etizonol ocassionally, particularly when I am unable to sleep well.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013