Sudden change in hearing, echo on the right side of ear. Started steroid, now everything's more louder. What's wrong ?

hello-. My hearing is suddenly changed such as everything is really loud and in echo on the right side of ear. I went to ENT and they said that there is no ear infection as they can see. Hearing test shows that lower sound has slightly dropped. I start taking steroid , but hearing is declined and echo and loud noise is increased in a week. Everything is now 10 times louder than normal and get worse. What is wrong?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013