Sudden change in color of bowel movements of breast feeding child with strong acidic smell and passing lot of gas. Is he having colic?

Hi my 6 week old son has had a sudden change in bowel movements. For a couple of days there were green bits in his movements, but I put that down to being the salad I had eaten ( I am breastfeeding ). Then the movements had a green tinge to them and now they are back to yellow but with a very strong acidic smell. My pedeatrician says he may have colic and to wait a few days. My son is also releasing a lot of gas. Please advise
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012