Sudden change in behavior, getting hyper and arrogant. Is it due to quitting pan masala?

My husband stopped chewing Pan Masala suddenly after 4 years. Ever since, there is a drastic chage in his behavior. He is getting hyper and arrogant too often. He was not like that before 4 years. Is it because of quitting it so often. Another observation is whenver he chews it occasionally, he behaves properly. Please advise if it s because of Pan Masala. If yes, how can we help him normalize.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
these are withdrawl effects of pan masala
you can consult a doctor who is expert in deaddiction and he will be able to help you more