Sudden appearance of swollen painful lump behind the ear. What could be it?

this morning I was sitting up right in bed chewing on sum Ice and all of a sudden I felt something strange behind my ear and down my the side opf the right side of my neck I looked and it was a hard swollen lump that hurt when I pressed on it. I got up and started cleaning and it finally went away which took about an hour or so.Now its been hours and its still not there but do u have any Idea what happened and should I be worried?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with the possibility of HIVES may be the cause for your sufferings.

possible causes;

-insect bite
-food and food additives are some possible causes.

acute hives are fade away spontaneously

I hope this is helpful for you, thank you