Sub-mandibular gland swells up within minutes, antibiotics has no relief, left side of face feels numb. Reasons ?

my submandibular gland swells up within minutes. by the time I go to my dr. swelling is gone. but I was treated with antibiotics for 10 days. 7 days later I lost my voice and returned to my Dr. I was treated with more antibiotics for 7 days. within 36 hours of taking my last dose my gland swell again, taking 4 minutes to tripple in size. sore to touch and left side of face feels a little numb. this is weekend so I can not see my dr. for at least 3 days by then swelling could be gone again.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
From history it seems that you might having some problem with your salivary gland producing swelling coming and subsides often.
There might be having some infection or stone in your salivary gland duct.
Consult your doctor and get examined.
ok and take care.