Stung by wasp, taken diphenhydramine, swollen to back of hand and wrist, warm, red. Recommendations?

I was stung on the thumb by a wasp 30 hours ago. It swelled modestly --I applied ice periodically last night, took diphenhydramine and the home remedies (baking soda ). It looked about the same until noon today. Over the past 8 hours it has swollen considerably and the swelling extends ti the back of my hand and wrist . It is warm but not profoundly red. I welcome recommendations for any other treatment and any signs to watch for and act on.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012