Stung by nairobi fly, itchy wound, effect of sting ?

I was stung by NAIROBI FLY last week. i have not gone for any treatment but i am fairing on. the only problem is that the wound is so itchy. can it heel by itself or it will continue to the secondary stage. There those of us who are far from hospitals ,what is the first aid we should apply after the being affecte by nairobi fly. Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Thanks for your interest in HCM.Any insect bite may cause immediate allergic reaction which should be treated by antihistamines and also soothening cream to apply over the bite area,otherwise it gets secondary infection which may be treated with antibiotics,if it does not subside with the above treatment,preferably under a Physician'care.