Stung by insect, sting removed, beneath the feet near toes, swelling, nausea, chills, fever. Taken benadryl. Treatment?

My husband was stung by something at 1:30 this afternoon. He had me use tweezers to get the stinger out. It was in the bottom of his foot by his toes. They are a little swollen but not as much as the top of his foot. He can t stand to walk on it. He then became nauseated. Now he is laying upstairs under blankets because he is freezing and running a fever . He took benadryl about 1 hr ago. Should I take him to the ER? He doesn t want to go, but I m afraid what will happen while he is asleep.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Hello. Welcome to hcm
When we are stung by insects,it contains toxins which our body cannot tolerete. So our defences try to remove it. In that process we get fever. Sometimes toxin might be too strong and we go for anaphylaxis. Only benadry wil not work. Your husband needs injections and has to be managed in hospital. I advice you to take him to hospital immedietly.
All the best