Stung by honey bees. Given saline drip, stung taken out of body, given steroid injection. Life threatening?

hello my father is 60 years old. Today he had an outing. Suddenly he had an attack of around 100 or even more honey bees. they start stinging him allover his body and face. he was then quickly taken to local village hospital for first aid treatment. he was given a saline drip. then the stung were taken out allover his body. after an hour or two he was given a steroid injection , avil and ibufrane. I am very worried for him. what will happen. is this life threatening? he will be ok, or he may have something to worry. please do answer me anyone. I am worried.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012