Stuffy nose with cold, tried many medicines, no cure. What to do for congestion ?

I have had a very stuffy nose for about a week and a half. My doctor said it is a cold and there wasn t much I could do to treat it. It seems like no matter what I try - Sudafed , NyQuil , NetiPot , Halls lozenges, plug-in menthol pads, steamy shower, drinking lots of hot tea and water - nothing seems to clear my congestion. For days I couldn t smell anything, and over the past few days, I ve smelled a strange floral smell. I smell it both at home and at work. Any thoughts what this smell is or what to do for my congestion?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013