Stuffed nose with a very foul odor

Dear Doc I hav one side of stuffed nose & i get very foul odour from the nose like people cover there nose sometimes what will be the cause ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Jon,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
This can be sinusitis, but it can also be because of the dryness of the nose causing crusting of the secretions and foul smell. Drink plenty of warm water to reduce the dryness, use saline nasal drops 3-4 times/day, do steam inhalation. If the symptoms persist please do consult your ENT specialist.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
You might be suffering from some kind of infection of your sinuses. You need a course of antibiotics which will help to clear the infection.
Hope this helps.
Take care..