Stuffed nose and difficulty in breathing after exposure to paint. Nasal bleeding. Anything to be done?

Hello My boyfriend works painting buildings from the inside. Sometimes the smell is string that he needs to wear special gear and a mask in order to do his job. About a month ago he forgot to bring his mask but continued to paint. He says that the inside of his nose hurts and it feels as though he burnt it. His nose is stuffy now, and he cant breathe good just through his right nostrils. He has a cut from the inside he sometimes bleeds and has a yellow discharge . Be also has been picking on his nose because of the scab that has formed on the inside. Any thoughts of what the chemicals of the paint did to the inside of his nose. Can it cause this type of damage?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013