Stuck in throat, hanging piece of skin touching uvula with a gaping hole behind

My 7 yr old came to me and said something was stuck in her throat after eating a bowl of cereal. Looking, I noticed a thick long piece of skin hanging out and upwards touching her uvula , with a gaping hole behind it. Her uvula is getting stuck it seems on the tip of this chunk, but when she goes ahh with her mouth open it flows freely. I have seen pics and pics of tonsil stones but nothing resembles this. It seems to have gone down some this morning...but I have never seen anything like it.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012