Stubbed toe, pus under toe nail, toe nail loosely attached. What to do?

I stubbed my big toe 2 weeks ago. It turned red right away, and over the past 2 weeks has turned purple and now green. Clear liquid, like the liquid that forms scabs over an open wound, comes from under the toenail if it is bumped or picked at. Is the toenail likely to fall off, and will I grow a new one? It seems pretty loosely attached to my toe, not enough that it s going to fall right off, but if it gets bumped or snagged on some surface like carpet, it feels like it would get pulled off relatively easily. Hasn t really caused me much pain after the first day or two.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012