Stub on the toe causing bruising and fading, difficulty in moving toes, bending, swelling and stiffening in foot. Remedy?

I stubbed my toe two weeks ago. It hurt a lot and bruised then faded. But as time has gone on it has started to hurt more and more. I can move my toes and it hurts when I bend them and my foot it swelling and stiff. I have been icing my foot and keeping it elevated when I can. I work on my feet all day and am worried that I might have broken my foot
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello,welcome to HCM,
Have you tried;
1.     Keeping toes bandaged together with crepe bandage while you work.
2.     Painkiller+serratiopeptidase +calcium supplement pills to improve healing and reduce swelling
3.     Your work description is stressful for feet ,use good support shoes in addition to above.
4.     If all else has been done and you are in constant pain,suggests a hairline fracture
a. X-ray foot to see for a fracture
b. a visit to a bone and joint specialist is due.
Hope you get relief earliest .happy to help.