Strong pain in small intestine. History of ascending colon removed. Is it inflammation?

Hi. I had to have my ascending colon removed due to cecal bascule 5 years ago. Immediately, a lot of the digestive problems I had experienced for many years disappeared, and the doctor thinks that my colon being unattached was likely a congenital defect. My main issues since the surgery have (of course) been occasional hard and fast movements , which have me running to the bathroom, but mostly things have been good. I would rather have those than not be able to go at all! Here is my question: Over the last 6 months, I have noticed a gradual change. Now when I have a big movement , I have strong pain in the area where the small intestine was reconnected to the transverse colon . It has gotten to the point where it hurts badly during the movement and even for an hour or so afterward. Is this some kind of inflammation? Could it be from not having that cecal valve blocking intestinal juices? I don t want to go through any more surgery, but I m concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  21 Awaiting Answer