Strong odour urine, smells like bacon. What could this be causing this?

I am a 51 year old female who is 4 11 and weighs 120 lbs. I work out regularly and eat a mainly vegetarian diet . For the last month or so my urine frequently has a very strong odor. The only thing I can compare it to is the smell of bacon. I don t eat bacon or even meat very often. I have tried pushing fluids but that doesn t help either. What could this be causing this? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Nephrologist 's  Response
Foul smelling urine could be a sign of an infection.
So you need to do urine analysis and culture. This will tell us if you have UTI.
Once the results are back you could see a physician who can prescribe appropriate treatment.
I would also recommend a routine gynaecological evaluation.
Hope this helps
Good luck