Strong chemical smell while breathing. Had laser treatment. Is the smell related to the treatment?

Hi. For 3 days I have been suffering from a strong chemical smell when I breathe in through my nose . It is not there in the mornings but starts when I get up and read the paper or do anything that involves smell (e.g. the ink from the newspaper). It gets stronger throughout the day and is a bit like ammonia . It could be unrelated, but I should also mention that I have just had laser treatment on a toenail that has fungus. Do you know what this smell could be in relation to?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
The laser treatment for the toe nail,which has fungal infection,may be responsible for the parosmia.