Strong and extreme burning in Adam's apple with watering in eyes, prescribed with medicines for common cold. What is the root cause?

I have strong & very uncontrollable burning inside of my Adam s Apple. Last night during in sleeping it was terrible & My sleep was disturbed. The attack I can explain some how like this: In the beginning My Adam s Apple it itch for few seconds which follows sooner a strong response into my eyes that makes tear off. I went to hospital & they prescribed me Medicines for Common Cold . So I am taking Antihistaminic, Paracetamol & Vitamin C . Please What exactly this is the problem? I am worried about it. Thanking you in Advance!
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012