Stroke-like incidents, pins and needles sensation in head. Should I go to the doctor?

Hello, When I was around 12, I was being a big baby and crying about something (don t remember what) when I felt something shoot up the right side up my neck into the right side of my head. It felt like the right side of my head suddenly got stuck with pens and needles. I didn t experience any other symptoms. I had no numbness anywhere in my body. I didn t tell anybody about it. Over the course of about the next 5 years, similar occurrences happened maybe about 5 or 6 times. These were never as profound as the initial incident, and only occurred during certain burst n movement. It happened once when I dunked a basketball, once when I turned my neck suddenly marching with the band in a parade, and once when I was about to run. I m 27 now, and NONE of this has happened within the last 9 or 10 years. I have to be unhealthier now. I ve been a drinker (weekends mostly) and cigarette smoker since I first went off to college at 18. I hadn t even attempted to drink or smoke once before 18. I was a little underweight in grade school. I m a litter overweight now. I m just confused how these stroke-like incidents occurred when I was healthier, but nothing has occurred in the last 10 years. Did these sounds like strokes? Or maybe something else could have caused it? Despite 10 years, should I still go tell a doctor and get checked out? For some reason out of the blue, this popped up in my mind a couple days ago and I m worried it will randomly happen again.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012