Stringed by a brown bug, itching. Taking benadryl. What is the treatment?

I saw a brown bug about 2 long on my husbands neck . Instead of knocking it off, I grabbed it. unbeknownst to me it had pincers or a stinger. When I cupped it in my hand it got me. It felt like holding a fireball in my hand. I have been taking benadryl but I am still broke out all over the side of my body that received the attack. Do you have any idea what kind of bug this may be and what I can do to stop itching.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Hello there!
Bugs have irritants in their poison which cause allergic reactions by type 1 hypersensitivities mostly.
when ever an insect bites one should promptly grab an ice over the site of the bite, to reduce the blood supply to that site and thus decresing systemic spread plus decreasing the inflammation.
Now for itching you are doing good to take benadryl. But better option was to go to ER straight and had a combination of ANtihistamines and cortico steroids like dexamethasone. this would have spared you alot of trouble.
no worries even then, your liver is working it off to detoxify. you will be fine soon, but if you notice any unusual symtomp like bleeding from any site, or rashes, or purpuraes, or patechiaes, or unconsciousness or decreased blood pressure , you should hurry to ER then . you would need a little help then but it wont come to that trust me. Keep using benadryl and get a dexamethasone injection and inject in muscle 12 hours a part at least twice

DrShafi Ullah Khan
My Oatient Is mY family