Strictures post accident. What kind of foods will avoid pus formation?

Hi, I met with an accident 5 days back and i have 7 stitches on the wound which the doctor advised that he would open the stiches after a week. I wanted to know what kind of foods should be avoided or taken in order to stop puss formation in the wound. Also,please let me know is there a way to find out if there is a puss formation already at the wound? Thanks, Lucky.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Dear patient
no need to panic wound will heal as itself do not bother too much about the wound and avoid direct contact on the wound so keep it covered after applying ointment eat plenty of citrus fruits like oranges which improves healing . Avoid fast foods and oil cooked foods it has nothing to do with healing though , will make you free from getting gastric upsets with antibiotics you are using